Retail Attraction Initiative 2014
The Washington Heights BID retained JGSC, a retail market consultant, to perform the following tasks:
1. Evaluate our retail market to define and measure our opportunities within specific categories of retail;
2. Provide us with the data utilized to determine these opportunities;
3. Provide a process by which the consultant would a) identify actual prospects within those retail categories, and b) craft a list of those prospects for our review, and c) contact approved prospects; and
4. Define and develop a plan to market our district to those prospects, including a means to determine whether those prospects have interest in WHBID.
JGSC provided us with the following:
1. A written evaluation of WHBID’s retail market, in digital format with supportive data included, as well as a strategy for attracting businesses in sustainable retail categories.
2. A list with contact information for 200 appropriate retail prospects.
3. Marketing materials with which to attract those prospects, in printed format and sufficient copies to execute your marketing strategy.
In May 2014, the BID will finalize the marketing materials and send out to the prospective retails.
The BID will conduct a Broker Meeting to review the results of the analysis as well as to share the marketing materials and prospect list. The event will take place on June 3rd from 9:00 to 10:30 am at Banco Popular at 614 West 181st Street.